This is another fine mess you’ve got me in to.
It’s the last time I listen to you.
You and your ‘good ideas’.
The film blogathon.
The object is to produce ten film reviews.
In a month.
This month, to be precise.
Once upon a time and in a land far, far away, I used to write film reviews for real cash money.
They weren’t much cop, those reviews, but that wasn’t the point.
I would bang out a bunch of
worms words, send them off to a faceless cog in the wheel of the uber-capitalist world of publishing and, a couple of (if I was lucky) months later, a cheque would slip through the letterbox.
And promptly get eaten up by my overdraft.
But that was the point.
I got paid for it.
So when my ideas self said to my non-ideas self ‘I know, self, let’s bang out ten film reviews in a month just to keep on top of the writing game’, it all seemed so easy.
But here, now, on the first of June 2017 (pinch, punch, by the way), it looks much less easy.
paramaters parameteurs parameters are fairly easy:
- Avoid using the word parameters
- Be witty
- Don’t be dull (see #2 above)
- Avoid sweeping generalisations (unless sweeping generally is a Good Thing)
- Be engaging
- Keep the swears down to less than
5 1020 Really Bad Words per review
- Review any film that seems worthy of a review (doesn’t matter whether it has been seen before or not. It’s a film crying out for a review? Review it!)
And that’s it.
Ten of those.
In a month.
Oh yes, we shall see.
And you need to check out Young Masher, during this testing time.
And Dave is joining in too!
They’re keeping us all company.
Anyone else up for it?