Are we all thoroughly enjoying Lockdown Life?
In a number of ways I don’t actually want it to go back to the old normal.
I’m enjoying WFHing, although I’m massively busier than when I was WFOing.
There are a few aspects to WFHing that are enjoyable:
- The relaxed dress code (he said, in his shorts, and tie/dye t-shirt)
- Seeing the puppers whenever I look down
- Being able to roam around the garden with the dogs whenever I get a rare break
- Being able to turn away from the laptop and the near back-to-back calls to play guitar for just five minutes (I’ve just added a new chord to my repertoire and as a result I’m now practising Free Fallin’ by Tom Petty)
- The fairly regular deliveries of drinks and food to my side (at work I’d have to go and make my own drinks! I know! How will I ever get used to that?)
- The sound of childish laughter from downstairs (oddly, there was never much childish laughter in either my building specifically, or from across the campus generally).
I realise that WFHing isn’t an option for a great many people. I also realise that there are a number of people for whom WFH isn’t their cup of tea.
But for me? I think it’s very good. And I’d like this to be the new normal.
Or, at the very least, my new normal.