I’m a little sad that the authorities have cancelled the 2012 Badminton Horse Trials, that was due to run this weekend.
It is the right decision – if ever there’s doubt – to err on the side of caution.
And let’s face it, we’ve had torrential rain in the last 48 hours. No-one knows how (or even if) the ground will dry out in time.
No-one knows how the ground will stand up to 100,000 spectators, thousands of trade-stands and the competing horses.
Unfortunately the decision means I won’t be able to watch:
Andrew is, in my world at least, one of the classier riders on the professional eventing circuit.
I guess I’ll have to just crack on with riding Vin instead…