It just seemed right to save this post for the last day of the blogathon
‘The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 300 followers. A blogger nominates 11 fellow bloggers and asks them a set of 11 questions. The rules state that a nominee must link back to the blogger from whom they received a nomination.
The nominee will:
- write 11 random facts about themselves
- answer the 11 questions which have been set for them
- nominate another 11 bloggers and
- pose 11 questions to them.
This is a really fun way to discover and connect with new bloggers and help us all gain some new followers along the way.’
One month and a day ago (29th January 2013) the lovely Chloe listed me for this eleven-based meme.
Eleven random facts about me…
1. As a schoolboy, I broke my ankle and didn’t know it
2. I was brought up as a Roman Catholic (we were not a Catholic family)
3. When I was six I convinced myself I had developed x-ray vision because I could see through the side of a plastic bucket in bright daylight
4. I taught myself to row and sail
5. I’ve had cosmetic surgery (teeth implants)
6. I can’t dance for toffee, but I dance daily (usually in the privacy of my own home)
7. There are currently 3,379 unread emails in my inbox
8. Chrissie Hynde threw a glass of wine at me
9. Three of my last four horses have been ex-racehorses
10. I am addicted to chocolate
11. I am allergic to penicillin
So here are Chloe’s questions and my answers:
1. What inspires you to get out of bed in the morning?
Breakfast! Or the toilet! You choose!
2. When you were young, where did you think you’d be when you hit 30?
In Wales. A policeman.
3. What’s the biggest challenge you’ve ever conquered?
Getting back on to two legs after a horrendous horsefall, (11 months of daily physiotherapy, five operations and six months on crutches).
4. If you were stranded on a desert island (in a climate of your choice), would you be able to pick a person you’d like to be with or would you rather be alone?
I can easily pick a person I would like to be with.
5. On this theoretical desert island, what is the most useful thing you own that you would want with you?
A hunting knife.
6. If you could change one thing in the world today, what would it be?
I would banish all religions.
7. Do you secretly wish magic existed?
What? Wait! Magic doesn’t exist?
8. Do you believe your star sign and Chinese Horoscope sign tell the truth about you?
No, I am more complex than these things.
9. Which novel changed the way you think about life?
Glory Road (Heinlein). Or Swallows And Amazons (Ransome). One of them.
10. Have you ever taught someone to do something until they were better than you at it?
11. If you could do any job you wanted, what would it be?
Helicopter pilot in the Grand Canyon.
And so to my nominations. I have decided to pick from my Google Reader list, rather than confine my choices to my blogroll. I’m doing this to add new to old, add sparkle to rich sheen, add wit to wisdom (that’s enough adding, Ed). And the (un)lucky eleven nominees are:
1. Blogging Up The Works
4. Armstead Archaeology
5. The Day After Yesterday
6. Mild Rantings
7. Narcisstics Anonymous
8. Yasmin Selena
9. Move It Lard Arse
11. Dusting Myself Off
And the eleven questions for this diverse range of blog writerists are:
1. If you didn’t know your age, how old would you say you are?
2. Who is the single-most influential person in your life?
3. What was the first album you bought?
4. What one thing would you tell your eleven-year-old self, if you could?
5. The best thing you’ve ever done is?
6. And the most idiotic thing you’ve ever done was?
7. The most amazing thing humanity has achieved is?
8. Which historical event moves you/captures your imagination most?
9. If at first you don’t succeed, do what (and why do you think this)?
10. What one thing annoys you beyond measure?
11. What one thing relaxes you more than others?
Good luck, happy reading, on your marks, get set, blog!